CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF
NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Categories of Information Financial Institution Collects
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transaction with us, our affiliates, or others
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
Categories of Information Financial Institution Discloses
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except to other nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
However, Granite Community Bank reserves the right to disclose in the future nonpublic personal information about applicant to others.
Granite Community Bank may disclose nonpublic personal information about applicant, even if the account is closed or becomes inactive, to the following types of third parties:
- Credit Bureaus
- Insurance Affiliates
- Investment Affiliates and other Lenders who may purchase all or part of your loan
Joint Marketing / Service Provider Disclosure
We may disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements:
- Information we receive from applicant on applications or other forms, such as account numbers
- Information about applicant's transactions with Granite Community Bank, our affiliates, or others, such as credit history and overdraft history
- Information we receive from a consumer credit reporting agency, such as credit scores and information needed to correct credit deficiencies
Notify Us of Inaccurate Information We Report to Consumer Reporting Agencies.
Please notify us if we report any inaccurate information about your account(s) to a consumer reporting agency. Your written notice describing the specific inaccuracy(ies) should be sent to us at the following address: Granite Community Bank, 202 2nd Ave. S., Cold Spring, MN 56320.